1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Miami Fl

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by LARQ1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hello Again:

Hard to believe it has been a year of the 3GS Kick-off....

I would like to know if everyone will be pre-ordering from Apple or ATT ???

Unsure what I'll do ... Please advice. Thanks and Happy Iphoning !:)

2. macrumors 6502

I want to buy mine through Apple, not AT&T.

Dadeland or The Falls anyone? :D

3. macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I'll be doing pre-order and have it shipped.. Screw waiting in a line in this humidity...

4. macrumors 6502

This is true. at least Aventura / Dadeland are indoor stores.

5. macrumors member

Did Dadeland open early last year?

i bought my 3g at the Falls and they were open an hour or 2 early. I think at 8am instead of 10am. I am thinking that Dadeland might be a better option this year.

6. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Good call about the indoor mall.

I was thinking about doing Lincoln Road since it's just such a nice area to be in, but it rained when i got my iPhone 3G there... might have to hit up Aventura.

Although if it's pre-ordered I'd be able to walk right in, right? No waiting?

7. macrumors 6502

Like a lot of us, I planned on pre-ordering a white 32gb today. I hope they'll be available by launch.

Anybody else getting a white one?

8. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I spent ten hours trying to pre-order today. FINALLY got it to go through at Aventura. Don't know how long I'll have to wait so I figured Aventura would be best so that I can wait inside of a mall (out of the sun and rain).

9. macrumors member

I reserved for pickup at Dadeland. Don't know when I will show up to stand in line. I assume they will be letting people into the mall to stand in line.

10. macrumors member

ordered mine online

Hi !!

I was able to order mine online thru ATT's website yesterday the 15th around 9am...Hope to get it shipped at home on the 24th !:D

11. macrumors member

Anyone familiar with the Dadeland store procedure for lining up? The store is in a mall so do people just form a line outside the main doors?

12. macrumors member

I just called the dadeland store and all the girl knew as of this point is that they would have a line for pre-orders/reservations and another for walkins.

No idea what time the mall will let people in, but they are opening at 7am.

13. macrumors member

I reserved as well for the Dadeland store. Jus wondering what is a good time to show up, cuz I work that day and I jus wanna get my phone, go home upload stuff, and get 2 work.

14. macrumors regular

I don't have a pre order, and I was wondering which apple store was the best to line up at.

What do you guys think about trying the Lincoln Rd. store. Has anyone waited in line there before?

15. macrumors member

I have a friend who works there and he tells me don't even try it. its gonna be very crazy that day. ur best best is to try another apple store

16. macrumors regular

Haha, thanks for the heads up.

That leaves me Dadeland or Aventura, but I'm leaning towards Dadeland.

17. macrumors member

yup that's where I will be jus wonderin what time I should be there. Never done a launch before but I have seen da horror pics lol

18. macrumors regular

I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to wait in line that long but to be honest I will be driving by Dadeland and the Falls after work on Wednesday. If I see a line I am going to eat, change my clothes and come on back. It's going to be a crazy day!

19. macrumors 6502

20. macrumors 68020

danpass

same here.

Maybe we'll meet up and show our iP4s to the people in line :D

21. macrumors newbie

lincoln road

hi all if anyone is hitting up LR please look for my thread. have fun next thur. :p

22. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I did Lincoln Rd for the iPhone 3G. I remember they got more iPhones that year than any other Miami area store so if you don't have a pre-order it's definitely the place to go. You have to wait outside though, and I was waiting forever. That's why I went with Aventura this year. I have a pre-order but I know I'll still have to wait and I want to wait inside.

23. macrumors member

NyArtboy

Not a chance. White iPhone 4's are 2 to 3 weeks out

I kinda wish I did this now but I never got an iPhone at launch so I figured it might be fun at the store. I bet I'm wrong :(

24. macrumors member

NyArtboy

The Falls

I talked to three different Apple reps at the falls to get the scoop and they all told me the same thing:

1) The store opens at 7am
    2) there will be two lines. One for reserves, one for walk in.
    3) IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE IT WILL ONLY BE HELD UNTIL 3pm. After that it will be recycled either to walk ins.

I plan on being there when they open just to be on the safe side.

25. macrumors member

wow !!

That would be kind of Sad...Bring my unopened 32GB Iphone 4 and do an auction outside the Apple store???.....Ok...the gentleman in green offers
    $32,150....any others????.....Sold !!!:D