Miami Vice Fans?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wrxguy, Sep 2, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

Any other children of the 80's such as myself...or adults for that matter who were fans of the tv show "Miami Vice" just to let you know there is a movie coming out soon w/ Jamie Foxx and Collin Farrell in it and i would like to know your opinions on whether it is a bad idea to remake that show, or any other opinions...
    It is currently being filmed in Miami as we speak and anyone that lives down there knows about it most likely cause we have had the freeways shut down and had many other traffic confilcting shut downs for shooting...lol

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Bad, bad, bad idea... unless Michael Mann is directing, in which case it might be OK.

Some of my most vivid TV memories are of Miami Vice, especially songs like Evan (Jan Hammer) and We Do What We're Told (Peter Gabriel) playing over simply operatic scenes involving gunfights and death.

3. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

HAHAHHAHAHAHA how funny you say..cause michael mann is directing it lol...

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

See, I thought Collateral was basically a theatrical version of Miami Vice for the early 21st... that movie was amazingly well shot.

I worry that a remake of Miami Vice will end up being a lot like CSI: Miami... a show whose only redeeming feature (IMHO) is the gorgeous Emily Procter. :)

5. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

well there are PLENTY of hot girls in the new one trust me :D....so far it looks pretty good...lots of fast expensive cars and boats, and very beautiful women...