Michael Moore checks into fat farm

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JesseJames, Aug 24, 2005.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I know falls in the tabloid genre but I just couldn't help it.

Michael Moore

2. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

Why should we care.

If true good for him, maybe he will get healthier and stick around to entertain us some more.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm curious as to why you found it necessary to say that mr moore "sucks" in your link tag. should i further read into your posting of this topic that you'd like to make fun of mr moore for being fat? or are you making fun of him for doing something about it?

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

NewsMax is one of the news sites right wingers use to learn everything they think that they need to know about the world.

Oh BTW, Mike Moore, you're fat. Fatty, fat, fat!

So am I a Republican yet?

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

$3,800 for 4lbs doesn't seem like a very good deal, IMO.

Lethal

EDIT: musta been a slow news morning before Pat Robertson 'cause Moore was on CNN's main page early this morning.

7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I heard this on the radio. Isnt that place like $3800 a week?!? Hes gonna need like 4mo.

Edit: little late.

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I was laughing pretty hard until i realized that site is _not_ intended as a satire of republicans.

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

It'd be cheaper if he'd pay someone to airlift him into the middle of the wilderness and let him lose weight that way. What exactly is he eating that costs $3800 a month?

10. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Not unless you can tie it into a conspiracy against the Republicans/Neo-Cons/Right Wing :p

Maybe something along the lines of MM wanting to live longer so he can continue to cause trouble for the conservative media. Heck, I don't know. I'm not that imaginative. :D

11. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Wow he signed up for life re-education, might as well be re-educated since he seemed to have missed it the first time around.

--

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Hey you forgot: Fat! Fat! Fatty, fat, fat!

Shesh. Some people don't deserve to be Republicans.

13. tristan macrumors 6502a

Is he going to come out looking like Lindsey Lohan? Seriously, who cares. I wonder what his next movie is.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I guess this would count as ironic if Moore was out promoting weight-loss products, or some diet plan.

It's not like he went around doing something he also criticized others for doing like Oh, say Bill O'Reilly, Bill Bennett, or Rush Limbaugh.

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Can anyone tell me why I should care what is the weight of Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, or any other political commentator out there? I like Michael Moore because he is a skilled satirist who gets under the skin of the rich and powerful. I don't care if he is 100 or 400 pounds; it the impact of his observations that matter. I dislike Limbaugh because he is a bully who picks on the weakest among us for fun and profit. His percentage of body fat isn't even involved in my revulsion at his politics.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And they say Republican are the ones that overspend and get little in return.

That is like a $90 hammer.

17. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The only reason I find this even remotely amusing is because Moore heavily spins his "blue-collar po' boy next door" schtick in his marketing and his politics yet here he is spending more money in week than most families in Flint make in a month so he can drop a few pounds.

Moore wants to have his cake and eat it too (yes, poor pun intended ;)).

Lethal

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm.... reminds me of a certain blue-blood from the Northeast who likes to pretend he's an 'honest to goodness Texan' in his marketing and politics because he drives an F-250 around on his vacation ranch...

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Oh... I thought you said something else. :eek: I was going to say, $90 is a deal. :p ... um, because girlfriends are expensive... What'd you think I meant? :eek:

Anyway, good for him. Why does this have to be in the Political Thread though? This just in, Limbaugh is a pill popper and O'Reily is a sex pervert! But hey, Moore made a movie. Am I the only one who enjoyed F911 AND POTC?

20. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You are so right, Michael Moore stopped being a guy from a working class family in Flint when he became a successful filmmaker. And he should stop denying that he's successful. I heard him do it just the other day. What a hypocrite!

Oh, and you forgot: Fatty! Fatty! Fat!

21. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Hmm.

I wasn't aware your sense of irony didn't cross party lines.

Lethal

22. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Despite the political posturing of noob and tristan and the insipidness of Newsmax et al, I think this is extremely newsworthy.

The single greatest threat to Americans and their longevity does not come from the jihadists or Castro or any other government that disagrees with American policy but from our own widening waist lines. And Skunk, y'all seem to be catching up with us pretty quickly.

The red states are the clear leaders in levels of obesity in the US and it shouldn't surprise us to learn that their governments are unwilling to do anything to combat it.

I dislike MM for his conservative filmmaking tactics but have to admire him for his attempt to do something about his life-threatening and disgusting obesity.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Fat jokes are really tacky, but unlike Michael Moore, sometimes Rush deserved them. Remember when he was on Letterman's show? He was making fun of Hillary and Chelsea's appearance, I believe, and Dave came back with, "And you can say that because you such a fine physical specimen." (The audience loved it, BTW.)

And geez, that Newsmax site...trashy and prejudiced enough, but could they possibly make their font any bigger? And howcumzit they can spell "fahrenheit" properly, but not "reportedly"?

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'll agree with ugg that it's a good thing that he's trying to get healthy (something ralph nader has suggested to his old friend for a while! hah). not sure i find it terribly newsworthy though. i mean, anymore than peter jackson wanting to lose some weight. or shave. hah

i actually saw michael moore in passing in laguardia one time getting off a flight. and i kid you not, he was eating some sort of snack as he walked around. just ironic is all.

tristan - his next movie is about hmo's and the health care industry. looking forward to it. and it makes sense that he'd try to get healthy based on the focus of the new film.

that site is.... wow..... "news" in the title is a great irony indeed

25. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

If this Health thing doesn't turn out well, it'll probably involve the Farm. ;)

Edit: OOpps; Didn't see jelloshotsrule post.

Edit2: What the hecks happening today? I'm missing word all the times. Argh.