Michael Moore's "TV Nation"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DavisBAnimal, Feb 19, 2004.

1. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

I just got reminded of this from another thread - Does anyone remember this show? Back before Mike Moore put out "Bowling for Columbine" and really pissed some people off at the Oscars (where he has since earned a reputation as a radical, crazy left wing pyscho, rather than the left-leaning populist he once was, and in many ways he still is) Moore was just playing funny gags on this show.

I just found a list of episode descriptions. Some of my favorites:

http://www.dogeatdogfilms.com/tv/tvarchive.html
    Almost reminds me of a cross between John Stewart's "Daily Show" and Ashton Kutcher's "Punk'd". Anyone know if this is out of DVD?

Davis

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

i did see this show, it was pretty good. classic michael moore :)

and btw, your dvd's are here

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

After that, he did a series for Bravo (IRRC), called "The Awful Truth." One of his most memorable stunts in that show was trying to get a chorus of throat cancer victims into the offices of tobacco companies to sing Christmas carols.

4. diamond geezer macrumors regular

TV Nations Love episode was a classic.

1-2-3-4- we just want to love you more
    5-6-7-8- even though you're filled with hate.

Multi-cultural Cheerleaders singing to an Aryan Nation gathering.

their reply was a syncronised sieg heil solute.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That show was great.

I remember one where he went south -- to Newt Gingrich country -- and asked people if the federal government should be involved with things like infrastructure projects, reading, etc. Most of them said no, the government is too big and should stay out of people's everyday lives.

So Moore went out on the freeway with a bullhorn, shouting at people to "Stop using this freeway! It was built with federal funds! Keep the government out of our driving!" He did similar stuff at libraries, public parks, etc. Funny to see all the dirty looks he got! He sure made his point, though. :D

6. DavisBAnimal thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone remember the episode where Moore found out that Mississippi never officialy outlawed slavery, so he went down and put an ad in the paper, and bought a bunch of (multi-racial) slaves and had them make him ice tea and mow his lawn, etc.? He eventually caused the Mississippi Legislature to FINALLY outlaw slavery!

That was intense.

Davis