"Micheal Moore Hates America"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bourbonbreath, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bourbonbreath macrumors newbie

Micheal Moore beware you will find this very offensive. :cool:

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/index.html

This movie is due out in August. Dont miss it.
    It is an important counterpoint to Micheal Moore's propaganda.

the rest of the article:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/8843207.htm

cheers, ;)

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Fascinating how one can make a movie in response to another movie one has not seen.

4. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

GIve the guy a chance. Perhaps he has supernatural powers and knows all ;)

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Saves a lot of effort actually, not only the two hours in the theater but all of that time fact-checking and so forth. That can be a real pain in the neck.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

In the continuing search for a rapid response, next someone will probably make a movie in response to one that hasn't been made. What IS going on?

7. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh you missed the point it's not in response to F911. It a response to Micheal Moore's social conscience or lack thereof.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Doesn't sound like it'll win the Palme d'Or...

9. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

Why do feel it necesary to insult your fellow poster? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If I said anything like that about you would promptly try and get me banned, correct?

10. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

I really doubt it would even get a showing in Cannes much less a standing ovation. Perhaps to the film's credit? ;)

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No need to get so defensive. I was referring to the filmmaker in the article.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i believe he was referring to the filmmaker. personal insults to other posters are not allowed. soon that will include disrespectful eyerolling.

i repeat my question: have you seen F911?

13. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah yes the double meaning, sorry for my mis-interpretation. ;)

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Any inference of a "double meaning" was strictly your invention.

15. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

And you would take a negative response as a valid reason to discount anything I say, correct?

I know that of course you would. Excuse me for reading into your question.

I in fact share Voltron's opinion on this. I dont need to see Micheal Moore's so called documentary to have an oppinion about it. Not only do I find myself moraly unable to support F911 in any way shape or form. But I also value my time too much to spend 2 hours watching a one sided heavy handed hateful ranting against our president in a time of war.
    I dont deny Micheal Moore the right to express his oppinion I just question his motives and whether or not it is a particularly socialy responsible thing to do when we have thousands of people in harms way. F911 just fans the flames of hatred against the US. People get killed as a consequence of that hatred.

16. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

that's funny, 'cuz over on this page you quoted a slate review of the film and then said:
    is it unreasonable for me to assume that a reviewer is doing your thinking for you?

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

also:
    please provide evidence that the viewing of F911 results in attacks against americans. i'd also like to see how that evidence compares to that of the negative opinions, and resultant killings of americans, of the US military killing iraqi civilians and negroponte vetoing UN sanctions against israel.

please consult ockham if you need some help.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Have you seen ANY of Moore's films, Bourbon?...The reason I ask is two-fold...First, there is a difference between the personality of the filmaker/artist himself (or herself) and the quality of their art/product. There are a great many Artists/filmakers out there who I think are untrustworthy/a**holes etc., but I enjoy their movies on their own merits. This, of course works both ways...people I respect as such can make some really crappy products from time-to-time...
    Also, w/o seeing something yourself, through your own eyes, with your own critical faculties, there is a very real possibility of not getting a complete enough picture to accurately judge. When listening to reviews or commentary on a movie, you are listening to someone else's judgements, which necessarily highlight some aspects and ignore others...there is a very real tendency to judge things out of context in such a scenario, both as the end-viewer, and with regards to some political pundits, who necessarily have ulterior motives...

If I was to send you $8 in the mail, would you then go see it?

BTW, what was your opinion of the Passion of Christ?, because there are many similarities between F911 and it, in terms of response and accuracy issues?

Thanks.

19. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

:) you may assume anything you choose. That is what is wonderfull about a relatively free country. Micheal Moore sure knows that. Anywhere else Micheal Moores' an Bill O'Reillys' would be hanging on meat hooks somewhere maybe even side by side. Though I dont know of an instance where O'reilly has intentionaly lied about anything.
    Cheers gota go

20. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the classic Hit and Run

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

<minstrel music>Brave, brave Sir Robin...<minstrel music>

22. bourbonbreath thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I do want to see his films moral indignation asside. Soon i will have the time its not really the money.
    As an NRA life member I have had issues about the accuracy of MM's work for some time. I understand that F911 is well crafted and will certainly ackowledge MM's astuteness in seizing the opportunities that have presented themselves to him. You wont hear me calling him stupid.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

24. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Personally I don't see the big deal in this guy's movie. It is his opinion piece on Michael Moore's opinion pieces.

The only difference I see is that this film will never make it to the movie theaters. Bush Lovers are not as vocal as the Bush bashers. They also do not have anything to prove since they are not the opposition party. So any anti-Moore movie will not be profitable. And uhh Hollywood isn't interested in bashing one of their own.

25. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Moore hates America.

What is America, what does America really mean?

Does Moore hate what America has become?

Has the concept of America already been destroyed by Politicians?