Micro 4/3 Mount

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by miloblithe, Aug 6, 2008.

1. miloblithe
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

miloblithe

What, no posts about the new micro 4/3 mount from Oly and Pannasonic?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08080501microfourthirds.asp

I would have thought the Olympus fans would be very excited about this. I have to say I'm a little excited. The idea of a rangefinder style very small camera and a couple pancake primes sounds really really cool. Especially if it's smaller than a Leica and more importantly not priced like a Leica.

2. CrackedButter
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I was going to and I agree I think it will be great and I would love a digital rangefinder with auto focusing and the range of lenses offered by the four thirds standard. Smaller and faster lens are welcome.

3. Scarlet Fever
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Very interesting. If it can push out images of similar quality to conventional dSLRs, I can see it becoming very popular. If the cost isn't going to be terrible, I'd love to get my hands on one for music festivals. Security will never find it :D

4. tony-in-japan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

To the OP...

yes, sorry, I noticed your thread, but I don’t think many readers will know about the title: Micro 4/3 Mount.

I felt what Phil Askey wrote would be more interesting for people who know nothing about Olympus terminology. And it certainly is ‘exciting news’.

I wonder if it is possible to combine the two threads?

Regards,
    Tony