Microphone Adapters for the 5G Video Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by desenso, Feb 8, 2006.

1. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Hi all. I've both googled AND searched the forums for an active discussion about this, but came up short. I found this, but it had no replies. We all know that the new iPods feature higher recording quality, but what options are available in terms of adapters?

The only announcement that I've seen is for the MicroMemo by XtremeMac, although it's pretty pricy and isn't even coming out for a few more months!

Have any other companies announced microhphone adapters? Have I missed the quiet release of such a device by a smaller company? Sadly, the Belkin UNVERISAL (deceiving name) adapter doesn't work. So what options do those of us that are looking to record with new iPods have, and when will we know more?

2. desenso thread starter macrumors 6502a

desenso

It seems people aren't very interested in mic adapters....

I thought I'd forward the update from XTremeMac that I got today - they hope to ship in April

3. Angelus520 macrumors regular

I was all set to sell my 4G when I realized my mic wouldn't work on the 5Gs. Oops. I use it to record classes so I'll be hanging onto it until the new mics come out.

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I for one am very excited about the higher bit rate recording - hopefully someone will come out with some higher quality mics than what we've had in the past. I'm on the email list for the MicroMemo by XtremeMac and will snap one up the day it comes out. Perfect for interviews, lectures, etc. Now if I they could only get a working recorded voice to type program I'd be a happy man.