1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Microphone Peripherals for 6g iPod Classic

Discussion in 'iPod' started by codybrom, Sep 6, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Can't remember any mention of the 80/160gb ipod having the line in software still embeded in there.

Could an iTalk Pro / TuneTalk / MicroMemo from 5/5.5 gen "potentially" work on the new ipod classic?

I don't want to throw away the accessory I just bought.

2. macrumors newbie

anyone know of any hands on reports that can confirm this?

3. macrumors member

that would be ******** if there isn't any audio input. didn't the 4g was only mono input, and the 5g was stereo input with better audio. i always thought the ipod should be able to be a bootleg device. maybe it is for somepeople, but to what quality. the best god damnit!!

4. macrumors newbie

i work at best buy, so I'll test it with a display model when i set them up.

5. macrumors newbie

Yes, please check if works! I'd like to use a XtremeMac Micromemo with the iPod Classic too.

6. macrumors newbie

Found some positive news at iLounge:

7. macrumors newbie

voice recorders for 5G iPods don't have full functionality with iPod Classic

I emailed XtremeMac back in September 2007 asking if their Micromemo worked with the iPod Classic. They replied,
    Since then XtremeMac has discontinued the MicroMemo. I emailed them on 01/20/2008 and asked if it was still available (because it was no longer shown on their web site). They replied on 02/07/2008 as follows,

8. macrumors newbie

italk

Hi
    I have an ipod classic 6th gen and an italk. It works fine. It does use up battery, however. I tested mine and on high quality it is done in 2 hours. I am looking for another one I can use that doesn't plug into the bottom of the ipod, 'cause I want to charge and record at the same time.