Microsoft Antitrust, The Final Straw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Microsoft is planning to enter the hardware business. Will this drive PC makers to Linux? Will this be the final straw in the antitrust lawsuits? Will Microsoft alienate Intel and AMD? All this and more in the continuing MS story.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4248

2. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

The end is beginning.

I think that this kind of thing is inevitable!

M$ has too much money and it has to continue to expand or it will die.
    Thats the nature of the beast. Thats why there is Xbox and all the other crummy stuff, M$ does or makes.

Once they stab their best friend Intel in the back. they will be set out upon the road to their own destruction! Yeah baby!

3. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Sadly, I think it is more likely that M$ will take a loss on these machines, and give them away for $99.

This opens up M$ control of the privacy eliminating Palladium architecture on hardware. Millions will buy them based on price alone, and because they think M$ is good.

Once Palladium becomes a defacto standard, M$ will make their money by selling marketing data of individual users by age, region, gender, etc.

By this point, you'll likely have to give youe mother's maiden name and ssn to get a passport account (required to use your machine), so M$ can bleed your life savings dry $19.99 at a time.

They've really gone too far with this Palladium DRM/trusted architecture. The kowtowing to Fritz must stop!

4. HitorMiss macrumors newbie

Personally I love Microsoft and im quite happy to spend thousands of of my £$£$ on their wonderfull operating systems.

Afterall...nothings as bad as Mac OS.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I can't be asked to start flaming you, so I'll just say one thing...

...I feel sorry for you :p

This is now the 3rd post I've read where you have made such a fantastic comment such as the above, can we expect many more of these today or will you be leaving us as quickly as you have appeard??? :mad:
    PLEASE LEAVE! And sort out that profile, it's screwed...kinda like u :p

6. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Finally! Thank god HITORMISS is here!

Well its finally happened!

After all the recent talk about banning losers and kicking mental slack jawed halfwits, after all the talk about moderating what people post.

Here is a truly pathetic child without any redeemable merit who is posting without any intelligence and is incredible offensive.

I can smell his rotting brain from here!

I have defended free speak and stated that the moderators should save their power for the only when it is most needed!

This guys profile screams MORON!

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG, folks it looks like we got another GoCyrus. Wow, that only took about 7 months for that to happen. Look son, put down the mouse and keyboard, and go get yourself a few English lessons. You need it. You cannot even correctly spell the name of your counrty! That is not an English problem, you are just, well, special. :p

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I have to say, that (s)hitormiss guy has to go... The profile alone is good cause to ban it's nappy ass.

Anyone that is THAT pro MicroSofterThanASneakerfullOfPuppySh*t is a moron.

9. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

If someone made a post like that guy's profile they would be banned. I say ban him for the inappropriate content. Innocent children could look at that profile and how would that reflect on this site :p

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I have filed a report on that m$ lover, I suggest that any/everyone that finds him offensive do the same.

In stead of just complaining, do something about it. ;) :p :D

11. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

I just reported his arse. Good Idea Alpha. In the meantime let's continue to mock him.

Catfish_man, check your PM box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.