Microsoft Blue Tooth Intellimouse

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rotlex, May 21, 2003.

1. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Still putting together a list of stuff I'd like when I finally make my first Mac purchase. :)

Does anyone know if the mouse listed in the subject will work on a powerbook with Blue Tooth built in, or has anyone tried it? I'm thinking it should, but am not sure how the driver/software end of things are handled.

Sorry to keep asking so many questions around here, but it seems like the nicest/best place to get answers :cool:

2. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

Mac OS X has almost all drivers built-in. BT is one of them. it should work fine.:)

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yea, it works. i had a little trouble with it in the beginning but it works fine now. for some reason it used to not work after a restart, but i haven't had a problem with it in a while.

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard?

I'm assuming if the Microsoft bluetooth mouse works, the bluetooth keyboard also works, right? I'm looking to buy the package, and have been wondering if they work with my mac.

5. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

no probelms with the mouse. I use it with both my 12-inch PB and on my PM using the USB transmitter that they supply.

Haven't tried the keyboard.

6. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

apple should re-release the cube as the truely first wireless computer. BT built in so you can have the keyboard and mouse wireless and the moniter wireless. think about it. you know you want one:D i know i do:D:D:D

7. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502

Does the Bluetooth mouse drain your PB battery faster than if you were using a non-BT standard USB optical wireless mouse?

8. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

This is my first wireless mouse, so i have no basis for comparison. My laptop battery life, however, doesn't seem to be effected in any appreciable way, though.

9. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I leave BT on with my PowerBook all the time (not because I want to, it's just that I forget to turn it off). I don't know if leaving it on all the time is the sam as using it all the time, but I can tell you that i don't notice much of a battery strain.

10. wallinbl macrumors regular

So, how do you get your mouse, and keyboard paired to your cube? It's going to be hard when you can't provide any input to the computer.

11. iDork macrumors newbie

I'm using BOTH the bluetooth keyboard and mouse with my Powerbook 17" -- works good (not great). It took 20 seconds to setup both of them to pair with the integrated bluetooth.

The keyboard is responsive however the mouse OCCASIONALLY jerks around. I believe a software update from Microsoft or Apple will fix this. Otherwise, I'm happy with the combo!

12. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I CERTAINLY AGREE... WOULD BE THE ONE OF THE BEST MOVES THAT APPLE COULD MAKE AT THESE TIMES..

Does anyone have an idea about how much a second hand cube would be?

13. photohead macrumors member

I've seen used cubes in ebay and at compusa from 1200 to 1700 depending on configuration... and yes I would like to see the wireless cube. imagin cube with 23 hd LCD wireless BT...970 you could control itunes from accross the room..."Yes please, may I have two!"

N