Microsoft Bluetooth Mice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lougle, May 6, 2005.

1. Lougle macrumors member

Do Microsoft Bluetooth mice work with Tiger? I am looking to buy a Power Mac in a few weeks and I want to pick up a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer with Bluetooth. Thanks.

2. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

I was looking into that a while back and didn't get it because there was no ON/OFF switch... unless it is for desktop use...it's annoying to take the batteries in and out for each use.

3. Lougle thread starter macrumors member

It would be for desktop use. I was just unsure of its compatibility. Thanks!

4. Kerry Sanders macrumors regular

Kerry Sanders

I am not sure why you were looking for a switch. After a period of inactivity, wireless mice generally cut themselves off.

5. Lougle thread starter macrumors member

I think what was ment is that if you are using the mouse with a portable you are most likely carring it around with you. If the mouse is in your bag and moving around it will never go into power save mode.

6. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Are you sure? I heard the newest mouse with the horizontal scroll capability has issues, or at least it did with Panther.

7. Bloo Ice macrumors regular

I have the older Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard set. After awhile, the mouse goes into "power save" but the light is on as long as there are good batteries in it. I find them to last about 6 days. If your putting it in a bag, just put a piece of duct tape over it. That will allow it to go into "power save".

8. Lara F macrumors 6502a

When I got my iMac yesterday I was happy to find that my new Microsoft mouse worked flawlessly. It's wireless usb and not bluetooth, but I imagine it should be as good. I still haven't changed the batteries and I've used it constantly (think +5 hours per day) for over a month without an off switch.