Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Todd098, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Todd098 macrumors newbie

I am looking at getting a Mac Mini and I currently have a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my PC. Will this work fine with the Mac Mini? Just wondering if I should get Bluetooth installed on the Mini.
    Thanks

2. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Can't tell you about the keyboard, but the mouse will work ok. I use one with my iBook.However, there are no mac-specific drivers, so you only get the left and right buttons, and the basic scroll wheel. The other buttons won't work, neither will the tilting or clicking action on the scroll wheel.
    (I think you can set some of these features up for use with Safari, but not for other apps - not sure as I haven't bothered to do this.)
    For the extra it costs, I think it's worth getting bluetooth as a BTO, as you can then use it with a mobile phone, and even a Wacom tablet.

3. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I used the ms bluetooth mouse for a while on my powerbook and it was terrible, I'd look at other mice as it's not very good.

4. Todd098 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help!
    Yeah I might as well get Bluetooth built in, I know I will regret it if I don't.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Two points to make. Yes they both will work fine and yes there are Microsoft specific drivers from Microsoft themselves, they can be found on the CD, Versiontracker or Mactopia.com

jon