Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robotrenegade, Jan 31, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

I just got the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse for my powerbook. It works great, I needed more buttons. It moves a little slower then the apple one but non the less better. I posted this to tell ppl that asked about it many threads ago.

2. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Where did you purchase and how much $? Do all the buttons work. Does it also have the "tilt" scroll wheel that lets you move right to left? THKS

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Re: Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

I got mine as a christmas gift; I think they are available lots of places. ~$80 is retail?

Aside from single and double click, the buttons only work for expose (which is what I would use them for anyway). Since there are 3 buttons besides the two preset ones, u can have all the expose functions. The scroll wheel is not "tilt."

I really like mine a lot. Would definitely recommend it. Also worth noting that there is currently NO BT multi-button mouse that can be programed for anything except expose. Hopefully companies (including MS?) will release drivers in the future, but none have that functionality currently.

4. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

The only bad thing I seen in it is the scroll wheel. The button on it is a little to touchy.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

I like mine, but for the perfect BT mouse I'd make a few changes.

- Smaller size (like the Bluetake mouse), while maintaining five buttons.

- It needs an off switch. I know MS says "we use advanced power saving technology" but when it's being jostled around in a bag the mouse probably stays active. I'm changing my batteries once a month, and that seems excessive.

- It'd be nice if either MS (or any manufacturer) would provide drivers, or else Apple would build mouse button re-mapping into OS X. Personally I'd still use buttons four and five for Expose, but I know other folks would like to map them to other functions.

BTW I bought mine on-line at http://www.buy.com - they're under $70.