Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iEric, Feb 28, 2004.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Hey I'm fancying that item and I want to buy it.
    However, does the bluetooth receiver thingy work on the mac?
    or does the mouse in general work on the mac. if so do i have to configure a lot of stuff?

What do i have to do?

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

If you have a Mac with Bluetooth built in, then the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse will work right out of the box with it. A friend at work has an iBook G4 configured with the internal Bluetooth module and he says that the MS Bluetooth mouse works fine. He is not using the Bluetooth module that comes with the Mouse though.

3. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does the provided Microsoft Bluetooth Module work on the mac? does it also connect to other things..Like a Apple Wireless Keyboard or is it the mouse-exclusive?

4. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

I have the MS BT mouse & apple BT keyboard

I use them on my TiBook G4 400 with the MS USB BT dongle, works perfect, nothing needed do install to get the dongle working ;-)

greets J

5. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

excellent! thats the exact same setup i'll have but on a desktop.

Hey..is it true that the MS Bluetooth Module does not work for anything else other than input devices?
    If so..thats crappy, but its okay since i know i won't get anything else bluetooth.

Oh btw, I also heard that when you have bluetooth it interferes with wireless networks (like the airport extreme i have)...is that true? because the desktop and the wireless base is less than 2 meters away from eachother..will it interfere?

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I dont get any interference between my bluetooth mouse and WiFi signal. Well none that I notice anyways. Reception in my PB is a bit less than stellar, but I hear this fairly common with the TiBooks and not due to the Bluetooth. My microwave interferes more with the WiFi than the Bluetooth does.

7. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

i got my mouse today...its so egornoimcally comfy..cool..except it as MS and not APPLE on it :( oh well.
    it sleeps A LOT though.

8. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

The bluetooth does seem to interfere with my signal, but not so much that it drops out completely. (oddly for some reason when i turn on "interference robustness" the signal drops even more)

9. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

You should also take a look at logitech's MX900 series of bluetooth mice. I find that they are much nicer and their optical sensor is much more accurate. Plus you won't be buying M$ ;).

11. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

bluetooth mouse

the microsoft dongle does work with other devices. i use my d-link at home and my microsoft one at work and i also use my t616 and t68i with it.
    does fine.

hope that helps,
    technocoy

12. gbojim macrumors 6502

I read somewhere that not all of the MX900's functions work through the internal BT adapter. Is that true?

Thanks

13. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

He's another Canadian person.

The Logitech mouse _still_ isn't available here, so MS is the only game in town.

That said it's also a great mouse.

14. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

15. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Buy it from ecost.com they have a borderfree program. I bought it from there, and the price with customs and taxes and shipping came out to less than the MSRP of the MX900 when it comes out here in canada.

They calculate the customs straight away too, so you don't get a surprise when it gets delivered.

16. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Oooh. nice! I never knew such a store existed! Thanks!

17. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

No problem...its exactly what i've been searching for for years. I hate being suprised when the package comes with a huge customs fee.

18. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

From my understanding Interface Robustness can be turned on to help in situations when there is a lot of interference with your wireless signal, for example, someone is using a 2.4Ghz Cordless Phone.

It is true that this will reduce the range of your wireless connection, you generally will get a weaker signal with interface robustness on, but your signal may be more consistant and not drop out as it could if you suffered from interference with other devices.

Josh

19. briankonar macrumors regular

is the DiNovo Mac compatible? I absolutely love that keyboard, but it says nothing about Mac compatibility and that's a bit expensive to buy and then find out it doesn't work.