Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaugerer

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Now that Microsoft has got it's act together with Windows 10 which runs on desktop, laptop and phone I plan to leave Apple and Android and get the upcoming Surface Pro 4 and the Cityman.

I have ordered a cheap 8-inch Windows 10 tablet to check if it has the apps I use before going ahead.

I've just tried Windows 10 on my new tablet and didn't like it not just because of the lack of apps but because it was a bad mixture of Windows 7 and Android which did not do justice to either.

On this showing I cannot see Microsoft competing with Apple or Google especially now Microsoft Office is available on the Apple and Google platforms.

I have returned the tablet for a refund.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Renders have leaked. Not sure what I think about the design. Seems a bit boring for a flagship.

cityman1.png

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Renders have leaked. Not sure what I think about the design. Seems a bit boring for a flagship.

cityman1.png

also seems a bit 'budget' for a flagship case wise .... People's expectations of flagship devices is much greater these days and they look particularly 'mid' range style wise.

Likewise the fact they haven't created something up from the Lumia 930 / Icon & Lumia 1520 camera wise is a bit meh! especially as we will never see the likes of the Lumia 1020 camera on one of these devices where the processing power and ram would have really made an excellent device.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Imagine if they priced them as actual budget flagships. Maybe 500$ for the highest of the high end.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009

cityman1.png

It's a shame they kept the awful Nokia design language, the kiddie looking polycarbonate backs. I want a business phone, not a kiddie phone. It looks thicker than the leaked specs say, but then that's why they are rumors only I suppose.

Still, it's the phone to beat IMO. Hopeful we get more information on it soon. But come on Microsoft, it's not rocket science. Just release a surface phone, give it the nice vapor mg shell, give it a kickstand, maybe a slim small snap in keyboard and of course have it work with the surface stylus. I guarantee a surface phone would sell. If you're going to dump Nokia, dump them completely and get rid of their design.

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I thinks that's the only way they'll gain traction from anyone other than windows mobile die hards.

Nah, that sounds exactly what people said before the surface tablets gained traction. Although I don't disagree that any flagship other than Apple is going to have a hard time charging $8-900 bucks for a flagship.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.