Microsoft Elite Desktop 2.0 for Bluetooth??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vv-tim, Jun 2, 2006.

1. vv-tim macrumors 6502

May 24, 2006
    I picked up the above mentioned item today at Best Buy... really just wanted the Bluetooth mouse, but I can see uses for the keyboard as well.

Unfortunately, the Intellipoint and Intelliwhatever don't seem to actually DO anything.

My mouse and keyboard work (to the least extent)... but other than that... The mouse will scroll vertically, but the side buttons don't work and horizontal scrolling doesn't work.

The keyboard works to all basic functionality except the F1-F12 keys don't work. The sound +/- works and sound mute and "sleep"... but that's the only "extra" functionality.

Does anyone know how to at least get the alternate mouse buttons to work? I checked the Mouse Preferences panel but the extra buttons don't show up. I'm dying to use the back/forward features of the side buttons for web browsing. Any help with the keyboard would be wonderful as well.

- Tim
  2. uchuff macrumors member

Mar 25, 2006
    I have a different model Microsoft keyboard and it has an 'F-Lock' key on the right hand end of the top row of keys, along with an LED indicating its status, this needs to be on for the F1-F12 keys to work correctly (on my PC anyway - not used it on my Mac).
  3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    Did you install any software with it? When I got my Microsoft mouse I had to go to their website and get some drivers for it to let the extra buttons work. It now shows up in System Preferences as "Microsoft Mouse".
  4. vv-tim thread starter macrumors 6502

May 24, 2006
    Yep, I tried installing the Intellipoint software as I said in my post.

The F-Lock key doesn't appear to work either.