Microsoft employee cracks and walks out on the Apprentice

Discussion in 'Community' started by mcmav37, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Anybody watching this? I just saw an article on CNET about how MS employees are rooting for their own. Then I'm watching tonight and she just freaks out, leaves her team, and wanders the streets aimlessly.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, she got congratulated by Trump for making a comeback, and her team won... so she's not getting fired THIS week.

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

As soon as I heard the premise of this season -book vs steet- I told my wife the street smarts will kill the book ones hands down.

Kinda like Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School I guess. :)

4. mcmav37 thread starter macrumors 6502

That statement sure didn't seem too genuine. It seemed more like a politically correct response to someone who just had a nervous breakdown.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Considering his erratic "firing behavior" last season, I was half expecting him to just can her on the spot. She didn't get fired, so perhaps she's learned a lesson like Danny did last week.

Oh, and Carolyn is lookin' HOT in the boardroom as I type this. :)

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    working for bill has taken its toll i suppose

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I give her a lot of credit for being willing to submit herself to this. The stress that these people are under must be tremendous. Good for her that she didn't give, you can only learn by trying.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Ahhh.... the stress of living in the real world, instead of hiding behind the walls of MicroSoft's hallowed Fantasyland fence.

You saw the thread of how MicroSoft likes being number one in everything, since they also write the encyclopedia -- they are.

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

being a mircosoft certified professional, mostly pc computer techie, and living in the bay area, i can tell you that many people, whether they are lowly techs like me or bigwigs in bill's company can find a lot of things to criticize about microsoft

heck, many pc users know that macs are better but can't afford macs, or are more used to windows

but i have never heard anybody acuse microsoft of being easy to work for or being a fantasyland...people work there and undergo stress there like the rest of us who have to work and make a living (i also have jobs outside of bill's so called hallowed world ;) )

so maybe ms does not make the best product, and maybe bill gates is a thief and liar, or whatever, but there are many decent people involved in one way or another with bill's products and services, who work hard, perhaps fixing ms faulty products, and undergo stress like everybody else

people involved in one way or another with microsoft are not sitting there on some beach in jamaica, living high on the hog, and laughing at an impotent us government

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sorry, misquoted the thread.

It was...

Steve Ballmer "We love to be first"

Now, if that isn't living in a fantasyland... ;)

They may not be first, but they usually end up being number one.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

ballmer is so funny...he's just a mouthpiece for bill gates...if ballmer has any integrity and honor, one day he will have the guts to stand up to gates or quit microsoft...at the very least, i want to hear ballmer disagree will bill on just one thing

i still hear stories, even to this day, of how bill verbally abused ballmer and used ballmer as his whipping boy

as long as gates is alive, gates will be microsoft