Microsoft Entourage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisregentb, Jul 27, 2005.

1. chrisregentb macrumors member

Apr 13, 2005
    Hi, I have a dual boot mirrored door G4. When I am in System 10.3.9 I use Entourage X and when I am in OS 9 I use Entourage 2001. Anyway I would like to receive the same emails in both programs, ie; I would like all of my mail to get downloaded into both email programs, because I use both operating systems at different times. Is there any preference to set on the email program? All I can see is the option to: Keep all mail on server for _ days. I set that to 2 on both. Do you think I will get the same emails to both? Does anyone know If I should try something else? Thanks

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    If your email server supports IMAP, then that could be a good option. I use IMAP access to my mail server from work and home and it works great. I periodically copy my IMAP mail to an archive folder on my iMac as a backup.
  3. superfunkomatic macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
    calgary, ab canada
    you could use one of the accounts in say, OS X as your main account, and your OS 9 account set the preferences in entourage to leave mail on the server. then periodically delete your e-mail from your main account which will remove it from your provider's e-mail server.