Microsoft Exchange With Gmail Suddenly Stopped Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neverbepeace, Jan 14, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

:confused:

Was fine all day today....then, about an hour ago, I cant send any mail. It gives me the "An error occurred while delivering this message"

Tried deleting account and and re-adding but it still doesn't work. I can receive them, but cant send........any help is much appreciated. Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 6502

sharpycl

Works on my end. Have you restarted your iPhone? Whenever I have problems with it a quick reboot solves the issue.

If that doesn't work then what also works for me is deleting the old exchange profile on your iPhone and creating a new one.

Good luck.

4. macrumors 68000

It happens once in awhile on my ipod touch. Just log out of exchange, and log back in by re-entering your password

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk Pro

5. macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Started noticing it at around 6pm PST on Friday, so pretty much the same as the first commenter.

I tried a lot of things. Deleting the exchange account is one of them. Resetting network is another. Rebooting too. Nothing works. Sending using Safari works. Wife and friend have no issues.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still suffering from the same issue......

Has anybody found a solution? Thanks

7. macrumors 68000

mKTank

I'm curious as to what exactly Microsoft Exchange with Gmail is and what extra features it boasts over just regular Gmail.

Do explain.

8. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Push email, for one thing. Another option for syncing calendar and contacts with addressbook and ical for another.

9. macrumors 68000

mKTank

As of 4.x, you can sync contacts and calendar with Gmail. And hasn't Push always been there as an option?

I remember the Exchange workaround to get Google Calendar working, but iOS 4.x offers that officially now.

10. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Push gmail? No. Not always been there. perhaps it's been added lately, but no.... (push alerts, yes). And yes, you are right, you can sync contacts/ calendar with 4.x, but exchange does it well. Sadly.