Microsoft Flight Sim on Intel Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by digitaldave, Apr 6, 2006.

1. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

Has anyone that's got Boot Camp working got a copy of MS FS2004 that they could try on an Intel Mac? I'd love to know how well it works.

2. simtrac@tiscali macrumors newbie

Yep - it works really well. In my case, much better than my PC (AMD 3000, 512 RAM, Geforce 5600xt) but then with those specs I suppose it would.

I'm on a Macmini, 1.66 dual with 1gb RAM. The only thing I can't do is anti-aliasing because the chipset doesn't support that for Directx. But who cares - I can fly the PMDG 737 and at one point I was getting over 50 fps in the virtual cockpit (before I was lucky to get 18)!!

The only reason I turn the PC on now is to network to it to get all my FS stuff off and onto the Mac. Then it's going to be a jukebox. And when I get an external drive for the mini, its going to go to charity ...

Simon

3. digitaldave thread starter macrumors regular

digitaldave

Simon,

That's great to hear, thanks for the update :).

4. Whiteapple macrumors regular

Whiteapple

Uhh...
    FX5600xt I'm pretty sure is better than the integrated intel chipset.
    As for the processor, I would tend to say they are pretty similar (my xp 3000+ runs at 2,16Ghz, and you could say the mini runs at 1,66x2Ghz...not as much in fact..but still). I think its crazy for the fps, but good for you in fact:)

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

The Dual 1.66GHz would not be any different to a Solo 1.66GHz in gaming.

6. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

it runs about even (but slightly slower) on my iMac (intel 2.0, 02" 2GB ram 128MB x1600) than my PeeCee (athalon XP 3200 @ 2.31GHz, 1GB Dual chanel DDR 400MHz nVidia 6800 Ultra-421MHz 256MB GDDR3-1.13GHZ) but i think thats just down to the deefcake of a GPU ive got in the Pee Cee. BUT Definetly very playable

7. thomasandgil macrumors newbie

any further updates on FS9 performance on imac intel duo?

Hi Guys, these last postings in regards to Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 were a couple of weeks ago. Wondering if anyone has any further updates......