Microsoft G5

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hyperbrain, Mar 27, 2004.

1. hyperbrain macrumors newbie

Any1 else read the artical about Microsoft packing a G5 Apple, with Windows to a number of programmers to help with the Xbox 2

the artical even says that it's still got the apple logo showing as you boot it up.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

very old news

The Xbox 2 will have G5 processors, 3 I think, and they are running a stripped down version of the windows kernel on the power macs now so they can produce some games and not wait for the actual consol to come out.

3. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
  4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well the other day microsoft demostrated soem of the first xbox 2 stuff on some souped up windows pc's. i watched the videos and they looked really impressive.

iJon

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Ummm...no....

The Xbox 2 will have a variant of the PPC970, and only one. Also, it will not run anything similar to Windows - the whole point of moving away from Intel's processor is to insure that people can't use their Xbox as a computer so easily.

6. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

i don't know whether to puke or cry in joy.

7. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    whats worse....

Windows running natively on a PM G5? Isn't that against some apple trade policy? Also, reading other parts, it mentioned that M$ was shipping Apple PM G5s.... isnt that against some apple policy?