Microsoft Intellimouse problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jlcharles, Oct 22, 2006.

1. jlcharles macrumors 6502

I got sick of using my uncomfortable mighty mouse and i have an Intellimouse 3.0 from my old PC that I want to use. When I go into the settings for the mouse, there are no options for mapping the buttons like with the Mighty Mouse. How do I go about getting it set up the way I like?

Thanks.

2. jlcharles thread starter macrumors 6502

3. interpolic macrumors newbie

4. richpjr macrumors 68020

richpjr

You need to download the Microsoft IntelliPoint software. This will add the mapping options to your preferences.

5. jlcharles thread starter macrumors 6502

Neither piece of software has options for expose or dashboard. Plus USBOverdrive costs money to get rid of the annoyances ($20!!!!! for a driver)

The MS software sucks ass. It slowed down my computer something terrible. I may have to get a logitech and hope that's better. I like the mouse with my wacom tablet, but it only has 3 buttons. I really want more for expose and dashboard.

6. richpjr macrumors 68020

richpjr

I haven't noticed any slowdowns with the MS software. I have the side buttons mapped to forward and back, so it's not an issue for me.

I have been thinking about a wacom tablet for use with Photoshop - do you have to use their mouse with it?

7. jlcharles thread starter macrumors 6502

I have both the tablet and my mightymouse plugged into the ports on my keyboard. So I can use either.

8. richpjr macrumors 68020

richpjr

That's good to know. How do you like the tablet? What size do you have?

9. jlcharles thread starter macrumors 6502

I love the tablet. I wish I had a larger one since I only have the 4x5. But, it still makes things much easier using the pen. I like using the pen in PS for stuff like the magnetic lasso or blur tool or such. One thing that's hard to get used to is that the pen is absolute. meaning, you can't pick up and move it like you would a mouse. Each spot on the tablet corresponds to a spot on your screen. The mouse works as a normal mouse would though.