Microsoft is using G5 PowerMacs

Discussion in 'Switch Stories' started by Digital Hybrid, Oct 30, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Digital Hybrid

I just came over this url
    http://www.itavisen.no/art/1302186.html - (in Norwegian)

Translation:
    Now this I LIKE :D
    Apple Shall Prevail!

This thread was perhaps posted in the wrong forum...?

2. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Hehe... That's pretty good. Maybe now even M$ sees the light!?!?!?!

3. Guest

caveman_uk

It's hardly surprising as microsoft have a mac division. Indeed they have a problem with Virtual PC not working on G5s so MS buying some G5s in probably a good thing!

4. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Well they need teh macs to make thier mac products (i.e office) the ycant write mac apps with a pc

5. macrumors regular

It's good thing for MS to buy G5s. There should be a new Office coming out, they need to update Virtual PC to run on G5's. As much as Mac users hate MS there is is a love/hate relationship. MS does make some great software for the Mac and I see them creating more software soon... I know a few people in the Mac division at MS and they are pumped up about Panther and the G5...

We can hate em, we can talk trash all day long about them, but they do make some much needed apps for Apple. Maybe Apple will release some office product of their own, that would be cool.

6. macrumors 6502a

Vector

I think some of you missed what the macs were said to be for. The article says that they went to the microsoft printing works. The article implies that microsoft is using them for their own desktop publishing not for development of office and vpc.

7. macrumors regular

Well, Mac rule all around but when it come to publishing Macs have always had the edge. I wonder if MS uses quarky Quark or the nice and beautiful InDesign. I am a converter from Quark to InDesign and I only have a copy of Quark as an extreme backup that I have yet to use...

8. macrumors 6502a

Can't remember where i read it, but i saw an article about there being macs in the MS graphic design dept. and obviously the mac business unit has some.

9. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

for the record, the receiving dock is merely right next to the MSPrint office... so no, there's no reason to believe these went there. They were more than likely either for OS testing/reverse engineering, or software development for Office. it's not really a big deal at all, i'm sure they've always had at least a room full of Macs, but the photo happened to be humorous, so he posted it...

pnw