Microsoft Just One of Many

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 18, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G5

nagromme

"In fact, open-source software is not free. It is very expensive because it shifts the cost to maintenance, services, integration and training"

And as we all know, Microsoft's products cost nothing to maintain, MS charges for no services, MS product integration requires no expertise and always works, and MS products are so easy to use that no training is required ;)

3. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.

That arguement always cracks me up. :D But's it's nice to hear the largest software maker in the known universe wheel it out every six months for another airing.

4. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Reminds me of when Thorrott or whoever said that the 5.5 million Big Mac super computer, which is like 50 million cheaper than the next slowest, has hidden "installation and configuration costs"

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

Sure, because those other clusters installed themselves for free :D

6. macrumors regular

Yeah, don't you have all those expenses with a Microsoft solution as well? In fact I read once that IT guys like Microsoft because it keeps them employed, if they worked with a more stable system they would be jeopardizing their jobs.

7. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

This guy is either smokin' crack or his head stuck in a barrel of Dom.Romanée Conti, if he actually thinks Micro$oft products are maintenance free and easy to learn :eek: . If it wasn't for them half my brothers would be unemployed (it techs.) and have I heard some good stories.... :D
    I'm the only convert, anyway, I think open source = better programs and less vulnerablities.