Microsoft Mouse compatibility

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by walleyealx, Mar 1, 2007.

1. walleyealx macrumors member

I was curious if a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 would work with a macbook pro (i would think so). It hooks up via usb.

Also, would a microsoft wireless keyboard work as well, or would i be wayyy better off purchasing a mac keyboard?

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

The optical mouse will work, no problem. The keyboard will work as well, although I would be hesitant, mainly due to the fact that there is no :apple: key, and instead you would need to use the windows key, which is where the option key on a mac would be. Not a big deal, but still it would confuse me. I'd stick with the Apple keyboard, or one that's made for a mac.

3. walleyealx thread starter macrumors member

ive never owned a mac before, so maybe the confusion wouldnt be there! :)

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Ah...
    But if you switch around the wireless keyboard and the keyboard on the MBP, you'll notice that using the thumb to hold the :apple: key is a bit harder on a windows keyboard. I don't know, you're probably right that it won't matter. I just use shortcuts all the time, and for me it would suck. Don't worry about it. If you like the keyboard, and it's reasonably-priced, go for it.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

just wanted to say that i have a aple wireless kb and it is excellent, i would not look anywhere else for one.