Microsoft Mouse Magnifier

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by danny_w, Aug 3, 2006.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

Does anybody know if Microsoft has a Mac driver that supports the Magnifier function on their new mice? It is so hard getting this information from the Microsoft site that I finally gave up. Several of their newest mice advertise a magnifier feature, and a friend showed it to me on his pc yesterday (a wireless notebook mouse), but the mouse box did not list Mac compatability (like some Microsoft mice do). This feature would be incredibly useful to me if I can get it to work on Mac. And yes, I know about the built-in OS X magnifier function that magnifies the entire screen. This seems so much more useful because it magnifies just a square under the mouse cursor.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I use the regular IntelliPoint software from Microsoft on my Laser 6000 mouse, and it works fine for magnifying (by clicking down the scroll wheel). I actually don't like the feature, since I always end up magnifying on accident. The software lets you program the different buttons for different functions.

You can get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx

3. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks very much! I didn't know that they had a Mac version of IntelliPoint. I just checked the site and it specifically lists the magnifier function. I just bought a Logitech MX518 which I like a lot, but I may have to check out the Microsoft mice.