Microsoft Office 2004 Available for PreOrder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chaszmyr, Apr 1, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It appears that they have changed the design of the box again. Looks like they have added rounded edges. I like this design best of all previous designs.

I'm pre-ordering directly from Microsoft because of a free upgrade offer.
  2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    Sweet... I should see it in my MSDN subscription soon.
  3. KershMan macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2003
    VA, USA
    Amazon has the preorder available, with discounts and free shipping. Also, if you look at Amazon, all versions are available beginning May 10th, except the Professional. Professional full and upgrade are not available until July 19th. That includes VPC 7.0, so I would imagine VPC 7.0 is the long pole in the tent and not ready for release.
  4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I'm Licken my chops over here. Been waiting for about 10 months for this thing. Text Edit just isn't getting it done anymore. To bad the pro version isn't out untill almost 2 months later. :rolleyes: Oh well. Here is to hoping VPC is faster than a snail.
  5. zamyatin macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2003
    I like to criticize MS Office a lot, and encourage people to try OpenOffice (, but there is one thing I won't deny: they sure make nice boxes to put on the shelf!

And, let me further note, that the student and teacher edition (with its liberal availability to non-students and teachers) available at a lower price is probably because of the competitive pressure that OpenOffice has brought to the office suite market.

For example, the University of Pennsylvania is considering eliminating support for Microsoft Office in favor of supporting OpenOffice. My guess is that would make about 50,000 switchers! Other Ivy League schools and universities around the globe are also actively making or planning to make the upgrade.