Microsoft office 2004 grammer problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blueflame, May 31, 2006.

1. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

So, i ahvea student teacher edition of 2004 i got from my school, and for some reason when i spell check, it says it is missing the grammer file. why is this? i reinstalled completely, and it does not fix it, i even deleted every last preference file. anyway, does anyone have this file and know where i should put it or have any advice on how to fix it? I would really appreciate any help that could be giveen
    andreas

2. blueflame thread starter macrumors 6502a

blueflame

on a side note to this, just to test, I installed it on another computer, and it did not have the same problem, is it a problem with an intel mac? can i take the file off the other computer? does anyone know where it is located
    ?
    andreas

3. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Sounds like something went wrong with the original installation. I'd uninstall, then install again. I've had quite a few problems with MS Office that were fixed doing this. :)

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Sounds like fantastic advice.

MS office and all its previous versions including the trial version of 2004 must be uninstalled prior to installing your purchased version. Weird, I know. :p

5. blueflame thread starter macrumors 6502a

blueflame

i did that, 2x, every single last microsoft file off of my computer, still did it
    does anyone have that file?

andreas