Microsoft Office 2004 Mac Student Edit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yaja123, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Yaja123 macrumors regular

OK, ive managed to 'acquire' a copy of this software. Its sitting in front of me still sealed.

Basically, Im not a student and wont be until Nov/Dec 05 or next year - then a student teacher!

I cant wait until next year obviously, as i need it now. I recently switched from pc (whhopppee!!) and i like the microsoft office product. Ive tried to use Open Office but its not 'pretty' enough. And Microsoft Office Mac has some nice features which arent in the pc version.

Can someone tell me the registration process? What proof do i need? Will they check up? Will it stop working after 30 days?

id like to use and save myself 120 quid but i dont want it to stop working after 30 days. If this is the case ill sell it on on eBay to a student and decide my next step.

Can someone tell me? please. Id like to use it tonight as my test drive version has expired :(

2. Bear macrumors G3

If you have a license key, you're good to go.

The checking that a person is entitled to the educational/student license is supposed to be done when the software is purchased.

3. Yaja123 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for super fast response.

so there wont be any nagging to register, at which point they ask the various details about ed. establishment blah blah...

or can i register it still?

i dont want to be nagged everytime i use it.

really dumb question.....but the reg key is inside right? it doesnt come seperately? normally its inside but i want to check.

thanks

4. qzak macrumors 6502

yeah the registry key is on the cd case usually.

now TECHNICALLY speaking, your only allowed to use student editions of software while your a student, not before or after. but, of course you already have the software so it's not like they're going to call you up before u start school and ask for proof, like the poster above said they're supposed to do that when you buy the product.

5. Yaja123 thread starter macrumors regular

FYI, just installed it.

No registration process or nag etc etc or need to enter any personal details other than name.

Just entered one of the product keys and bingo - im good to go.

Thanks for your help.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

What? You didn't beleive these guys? ;)

7. Yaja123 thread starter macrumors regular

i believed them!!

just incase someone else was in the same situation when they search they have a thread conclusion :p