Microsoft office:mac problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shawsinio, Jun 27, 2006.

1. shawsinio macrumors regular

hi all,

bought office:mac when i bought my macbook, have installed it and run it a few times, all was well. however, i have just tried to open up word and was confronted with this message...

any ideas? it doesnt make sense to me, im almost certain i havnt messed around with moving any of the offic eapps etc,

thanks for all your replies!

ps im reluctant to re-install, as i dont want to use up another product key...

Attached Files:

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I'm not positive but I think you can re-install it with the same product key with no problems.
    The only problem you might have is installing it in a different location from the previous install..

There should be a uninstall app in the MS Office2004/additional tools folder.

3. shawsinio thread starter macrumors regular

so your saying i should un-install it, then try re-installing with the same product key?

thanks for the super fast reply by the way!

4. shawsinio thread starter macrumors regular

does anyone have any other suggestions as to why it may be showing that message?

thanks

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

It would seem that three things would apparently cause this:

1. You moved the Word application

2. You moved the Shared Libraries

3. Something got screwed up

Some things to try:

1. Do other Office apps exhibit this behavior (Excel, PowerPoint)? If not, then it's probably just a Word thing. Try deleting the preferences for Word.

2. If other Office apps give you the same error, make sure the Shared Files are in the appropriate folder.

3. If other Office apps give you the error, and the Shared files are in the correct location, try deleting the Office preference files.

4. If none of those work, uninstall and re-install. The thing with Office is it's pretty easy to do a re-install.