Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Security Update (2006-08-08)

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 11, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Microsoft
    Link: Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Security Update (2006-08-08)
    Description:: Microsoft Office v. X for Mac Security Update (2006-08-08)

This update fixes product vulnerabilities in Office v. X that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.

Applies to: Office v. X, Microsoft Word X for Mac, Microsoft Excel X for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint X for Mac, Microsoft Entourage X for Mac.

Released: August 8, 2006

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

"Do you want to receive important updates and information about the Microsoft Product your registering?"

-Yes

"Did you know that were are never going to send you any useful information, like about security updates or fixes for 'features'?"

-No

"Thank you for registering this Microsoft Product.

Sites like MacRumors and MacBytes are so important. Thank you for posting this.

3. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does it work on anything but the very original version of Office X? It seems to think my otherwise up-to-date Office X is fine and doesn't need updating.

4. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I have followed the directions, have the last update installed, but not this one. And yes Mad Jew
    , it seems to find nothing compatible to install onto.

It's too early in the morning for this, I am going to bed.

I really like Nisus Express, but I need Office compatibility (for collaboration) for school and work. Office for Mac (and Office in general) is so versatile and powerful, I just hate the persistent Windows like problems.

5. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It says that it only applies to 10.0.0 in the Read Me file but the site says that the security update for 10.1.7 must be installed first. :confused: