Microsoft Office X and 2004

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bdugan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. bdugan macrumors regular

I just got a copy of office 2004 for my computer because my 30 day trial ran out. However, I got it from a friend and now I want to delete the testdrive, but when I go to uninstall, I am not sure which one is which. It lists Microsoft Office 2004 with testdrive and Microsoft Office X with test drive. Does anyone know which one came with the computer? I want to free up some space on my harddrive and cant figure out which one is just the trial.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Try opening one, the test-drive should give you a message saying your time is up.

edit: I just re-read your post, did your friend give you a test drive also, or was it a real version? Office 2004 is newer than Office X, if that helps you.

3. bdugan thread starter macrumors regular

my friend gave me the actual version, office 2004. The only thing is that both the icons for office, under my applications folder,I can see which one is which, because the one my friend gave me is "office 2004" and the testdrive is "office 2004 testdrive". So under applications, I can easily tell the difference. Then when I go to the test drive one and tell it to uninstall, it says there is a 2004 version and an X Version. I guess I'll have to ask him how old it is. thanks for the help