Microsoft office X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by edwardlanti, Feb 23, 2005.

1. edwardlanti macrumors regular

Hey guys i need help here. i am a newbie on mac. yesterday i install microsoft office X on my mac and i put my father S/N by mistake and now when i open office it tells me that the s/n is already used by another computer. I tried uninstall it and install office again but everytime i do it the s/n keep coming up and it dont let me put my S/N. what should i do?

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

?

By what method did you uninstall? If you just dragged the folder to the trash, this won't de-serialize (if that's a word) MS Office. Somewhere in the Office folder (in the Accessories or Utilities or something like that) is an office uninstaller application. Run that uninstaller app and it should prepare you for a fresh install.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes you are going to have to use the uninstaller to make sure everything is gone in order for you to put in a different serial number, or i believe you could delete the prefernces, but im not 100% sure that is where the sn is stored

4. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

well the thing is that i cant find no uninstaller inside the office folder, so what i did i just drag the folder to the waste basket.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

There is an uninstaller on the installer CD.

-> Value Pack -> Remove Office -> Remove Office

6. Jsmit macrumors regular

To remove Office 2004:

Run the "Remove Office" program found in the "Remove Office" folder in the "Additional Tools" folder which it selft is in the "Microsoft Office 2004" folder.

7. edwardlanti thread starter macrumors regular

hey guys thanks for the help. i got it :)