microsoft (other?) bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by maikeru, May 25, 2004.

1. maikeru macrumors member

i've got an apple bluetooth mouse. love it.

but i just really need a multi-button / scroll wheel mouse.

definately want to stick w/bluetooth.

what's the skivy on microsoft's bluetooth mouse?
    specifically, does it work w/my powerbook's built in bluetooth or will i have to use a basestation or hardware add-on?

further, should i just wait for macmice's upcoming bluetooth mouse? how is their wired version in terms of usability ?

2. maesy macrumors newbie

i've got the microsoft b/t mouse... its simply the best i've used... with a mac that is. yes the mac b/t does pick the mouse up quite easily.... pleasure to use.

3. Mustafa macrumors regular

I'm happy....

I've just got the Bluetake BT500 mouse, and I have no criticisms to make. It may be a bit small for some, but for me it's a plus as I wanted a small mouse with an on-off switch to pack in my bag when I'm travelling.

It was simple to set up, has two buttons plus a clickable scroll-wheel, picks up the connection real fast and looks pretty cool, too. It comes without a bluetooth dongle and connects to the built-in BT in my PowerBook.

Only downside is that it cost me £50 delivered here in the UK -- it's being sold by Raidius as a RadTech product.