Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peteybiz02

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I'm new to Mac and have a question. For work I use Microsoft Outlook Web Access for my email. However since I got my Macbook I haven't been able to log on. I'm not sure what the problem is, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way around this or can point me in the right direction.

Also I was wondering if I would be able to link this email accout with iMail? And if so does anyone know what steps to take? I set up my AOL account through iMail but that was much simpler, it pretty much did it automatically.

Sorry if this is vague, like I said I'm new with Mac and just trying to get things going. Thanks everyone.

rasp

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Easthampton, MA
I use outlook web access with safari and firefox, I've not seen any issues. this is with exchange 2003, not sure if 2008 added anything that would break browsers other than IE.

As for connecting mail.app to exchange, it all depends upon if IMAP is turned on or not, lots of exchange admins have IMAP turned off for whatever reason.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
If you are having trouble logging in try the following:

-If your username is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name: e.g. jdoe, try your fullname with a period between: John.Doe

-Try adding the domain you login to at work. When you login to a computer at work that is joined to a domain, there should be a 3rd box on the login screen labelled: LogonTo (you may have to click the Options button to see it). Add whatever is in that box to your username in OWA. As an example, if the domain was SuperCorp, try the following for the username: SuperCorp\JDoe

I run the Help Desk for a medium sized corporation, and get to deal with this kind of fun 5 days a week! :(

Peteybiz02

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Are you getting any specific error messages? I ask because I use OWA from a couple of Macs all the time and it works fine for me.

This is the message I get when I try to login, after I couple mins of trying.

Safari can’t open the page “https://owa.kraft.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll” because it can’t find the server “owa.kraft.com”.

I can walk over to my PC here and login no problem with internet explorer (I'm using Safari on the mac). I just assumed it was because I'm on a Mac, I don't know why else it would be, any ideas? Oh also, it is Microsoft Exchange 2003. Thanks for the quick replys!

Peteybiz02

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
If you are having trouble logging in try the following:

-If your username is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name: e.g. jdoe, try your fullname with a period between: John.Doe

-Try adding the domain you login to at work. When you login to a computer at work that is joined to a domain, there should be a 3rd box on the login screen labelled: LogonTo (you may have to click the Options button to see it). Add whatever is in that box to your username in OWA. As an example, if the domain was SuperCorp, try the following for the username: SuperCorp\JDoe

I run the Help Desk for a medium sized corporation, and get to deal with this kind of fun 5 days a week! :(

Thanks for the help. I was just messing around with it seeing what was going on, and it seems like the link I was using to access the login page was partially incomplete, yet for some reason it still took me to the login screen. However when I completed it with the rest of what was supposed to be there, I was able to log in!! I know that sounds really odd, and I'm not even sure why I even looked into that but, whatever, it works now!! Thanks again for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.