Microsoft Palm Synchronization

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cgnjny, Dec 30, 2004.

1. cgnjny macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Microsoft will be developing an update to its already released Microsoft Handheld Synchronization for Entourage X? See link below for download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6a-b60e-4559-ae82-9034e52c5e2e&displaylang=en

This sync software is OK (considering it's free), but for those with Palm Tungsten and later Palms with the updated OS that supports "Calendar, Contacts, Memos and Tasks", there is limited functionality. This software DOES work with Entourage v.X, but many of the features (birthday, alarm task, event categories) won't sync or many of my fields and categories are off in both the Palm and Entourage.

I don't condone MS, but like the fact that Entourage is the Mac-equivalent of Office. I enjoy the Apple suite of office productivity applications, but don't like the separateness of it -- Entourage might not be the best or stable, but it's in one application.

Incidentally, I've been wanting to try Queuesync, but am not sure as I'm used to the flawed MS Sync software... recommendations?

Thanks.

2. cubist macrumors 68020

Interesting... I don't like Entourage myself, because its sorting and categorization are crummy, but if you were using an older Palm, and liked Entourage, this program might be useful.

As for iSync and iCal, these two programs are still not production-quality. They're buggy and missing too many features.

Have you considered just using Palm Desktop?

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

call my cynical but i doubt it. pda's have gotten less and less mac support as the pda marketshare has fallen...