Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I gotta agree with the ad. What the hell has Apple been doing the last 6 months? But unfortunately, the iPhone 5C/S will not flop. People will once again line up in droves like nice little iSheep. I don't understand it. They're not bad phones, but their not innovative.

You wanna know what they were doing?
tumblr_m4abc14Kta1r54t0xo1_400.png

8-Bits

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
USA
The "Tim" in the videos is clearly referring to Tim Cook. Why would anyone think the person with their back to the camera was portraying Steve Jobs?

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
IDK why you guys say Jobs.
To me that back head reminds me more of Cook and the other of course Ive.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
They managed to be completely unoriginal in their attempt at originality, all the while forgetting to market their product.

Seems to me all their great marketing minds are trying to salvage their Xbone launch and the 2nd string screwed the pooch on phone ads.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I have no problem admitting when I see a good ad that pokes fun at Apple but this is just pathetic.

bb426

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
California
Does Microsoft like digging their own grave? Whoever is in charge of these lacks any speck of creativity.

Having watched them, I've at least come to the conclusion that Apple seems to be the only one out of both of them that actually includes something new in their products, regardless of how small.

And Apple still probably sells more phones on LAUNCH DAY than MS ever will in a year.

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Shouldn't you only mouth off when you have a superior product? WP8 is not superior to iOS. And if it wasn't for Nokia they wouldn't even be on the radar.

How low can you go MS.

No, you usually mouth off when you're desperate. You'll notice Apple stopped their "I'm a Mac"/"I'm a PC" ads when they realized they didn't need to compete against MS anymore. Apple doesn't run anti-android ads. Honda doesn't run anti-Chevy ads. You only do that when you're not in first place.

mmcxiiad

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
This is funny in the "bunch of kids spoofing apple" type thing.

It really makes you look bad when you had to fire the CEO because the company is sinking faster then throwing an supertanker anchor overboard of a row boat.

If Microsoft spent more time and money on developing then making fun of apple, maybe someone would take this seriously.

befrank4444

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
I gotta agree with the ad. What the hell has Apple been doing the last 6 months? But unfortunately, the iPhone 5C/S will not flop. People will once again line up in droves like nice little iSheep. I don't understand it. They're not bad phones, but their not innovative.

You can't be serious...

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
Apple sure seems to get its competitors into the business of mocking and insulting its potential customers.

I guess when you don't have a product, you go after its creators, or customers.

WhoDaKat

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Someone please explain to Microsoft that the harder you try to be cool, the less cool you are.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
When I see/hear a company's ad where all it does it knock another company's product and can't say anything great about their own...I know that company is in trouble!

Melodeath

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
These videos aren't particularly good as ads, and for that reason (just making fun of the competitor), might be in poor taste, but I find them kind of funny. Lighten up.

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Hahaha, its funny because it is true...

I think the Guy who is suppose to be Tim, looks like steve because is just a metaphor. Everyone wants Tim to be Steve...

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Details get thrown out the window

Could someone please tell the dumb azzez who created this that it was a mock black turtleneck and not black V neck t-shirts.

God if you are going to make a parody, please get it right.

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
One of the first rules of sales I was taught:

Avoid criticising your competitors, it just reflects badly on yourself.

I was 17 when I was taught that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.