Microsoft predicts Mac renaissance

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 22, 2004.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

2. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Good read. I wish apple would develope some type of office program to rival that of MS office. Appleworks just isn't the answer.

3. Mr.Hey macrumors 6502

Mr.Hey

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If they get decent performance form Virtual PC and it works well on the G5, that could get more people interested in the Mac.

D

5. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

I don't think Apple will release anything at this time. They've already promoted MS Office too much to stab it in the back. I think the open source community will be the one that takes on Office. (KDE, Openoffice.org)

I hope this MS rep knows what he's talking about. Apple needs to increase its market share.

6. qazwsxedc30 macrumors newbie

this is all good news but what about maybe a MSN Messenger update?

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

it does mention MSN Messenger 4.0 near the bottom of the article, but I wouldn't expect it until slightly after office 2004 is released.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is awesome news to hear from Microsoft. Part of their reasoning is probably that if Apple grows, so will their own Mac product sales.

9. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Good thing MS has that monopoly lawsuit aganist them, or they might not be so apple friendly.

10. Photorun macrumors 65816

Photorun

Up is down, down is up, cats and dogs living together in harmony, Republicans get souls and a conscience, water feels like sand, clocks run backwards.

What the...?

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

well, its a positive gesture. as much as we all "despise" microsoft. we know that office has become a (virtual) standard. okay, they win. as much as I find appleworks useful, when i do anything intensive in any of it's "regions" i use a different app. apple is wise to concentrate their efforts towards perfecting some of their other software. i think they realize that (of course they do!) and therefore spend their efforts promoting MSFT products to entice more people to the platform, not to appleworks.