Microsoft rejects charges it caved on gay rights

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Apr 23, 2005.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

2. mpw Guest

I love the quote of Rev. Ken Hutcherson the prominent evangelical minister on what he said to MicroSoft;

“I told them I was going to give them something to be afraid of Christians about.”

Sometimes I fear Christians, they're possible one of the most dangerous organizations on earth.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

THE most dangerous.

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Huh? This is old news.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Almost 7 years ago. Wow. I was 15 in April 2005 and four months away from my first mac! Didn't even know about this site.

7. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Thankfully Christianity is on it's way out. Only 44% uptake in the UK (and only 14% actually attend church)... and that number is dropping rapidly.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Our PM doesn't seem to think so. Where's Alistair Campbell when you need him. ;)

9. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Well he's dead wrong (chapter 12) and he'd do well to rethink his position before he finds out what a vote-loser it is.

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Why should Microsoft care for gay rights? They're a tech company, I'm sure their thoughts on the matter are neutral. They wanna ship versions of Windows, not get gay marriage approved.

11. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Good point.

Corporate lobbying seems to do more to undermine US democracy then help it. So while MS could be criticised for not supporting this bill... is it really the business of corporations to push for rights that 'the people' should be voting through?

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why was this thread brought up from the dead?

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502

MadeTheSwitch

Um, because in a line of work where good people are hard to find and keep they want to keep their employees happy?

And as far as I am concerned, anyone "neutral" on this issue is against it. Same as if they were "neutral" on civil rights for blacks and voting rights for women. This is people's lives we are talking about, not some abstract political concept. Either you are for equal human rights, or you are not.

14. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Has anybody with the local American knowledge done an update on the facts surrounding this claim.

I mean the thread is from 2005 and I'd like to hope that the situation would have improved in the intervening six and a half years.

KGB:rolleyes: