Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Intel-based Mac owners will have a Universal version of Microsoft’s Office to call their own later this year. Microsoft’s Macintosh Business Unit revealed some details about Office 2008 for Mac Tuesday—namely that the suite of office productivity tools would ship in the second half of 2007.

Office 2008 adds plenty of new features, but the one sure to grab Mac users’ attention is its ability to run natively on both PowerPC- and Intel-based machines. Office had been one of the last remaining marquee Mac applications that had yet to add native support for Apple’s latest hardware.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/01/09/msftoffice/index.php

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
That looks great. Best new of the day so far.

For what it is work Microsoft do makesome of the best 'office' based software and I think Apple should just ditch iWork and ensure that Microsoft continue with Office beyond 2008.

So muchh for iWork '07 anyway!

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Thanks for the info, BV.

Interesting little teaser there at the end of the article about a new "My Day" app that will come with Office 2008. One thing that Entourage 2004 lacks (as compared to Outlook) is the "Outlook Today" view that kind-of sums up everything -- I hope that's what this will be.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Any more screenshots of this? The one in the article of PPT '08 looks interesting. It wouldn't take much more than a monkey with a compiler to make a better GUI for PPT:Mac, I can't stand the 2004 version.

Finally, some worthwhile software announcements coming out of Macworld. :rolleyes:

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
oh my, i kinda enjoy the toolbar/document body separation UI. looks like Office, Adobe reader are all turning into single window UI now. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.