microsoft support for the mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chibianh, Feb 22, 2002.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I read this article today on cnet

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-842879.html

Would it be bad for Apple of Microsoft did quit supporting the mac platform after their agreement is over? Say, they stop developing Office, IE, etc.. I know there are great alternatives to Microsoft, but I would think it would be hard to win converts without microsoft support.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

true it would be hard but M$ are so greedy
    F#*K em

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

MS is like school... you hate it, and you complain about it all the time, but you know you need it.

irmongoose

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

if M$ is like school then its gotta be that stupid teacher who knows less then you do and stares at the wall thinking if they are right or not for half the period. Apple is the teacher who knows there subject and no matter what it is makes it fun and engaging and because of them its your favorite class.

5. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Good show.

Quite right. RE: IronMongoose-- I need MS about as much as I need Mr. Horowitz.

(For reference he was my 10th grade current affairs teacher who burned all of his exams after grading them--thereby eliminating any chance for a student to get a truely fair grade. Mr. Horowitz didn't like you, you might not do well. Is there any way to prove he didn't fairly grade them? Nope. No paper trail. SOunds like something MS might do. Yeah, I think its a good comparison.)

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

ok, i get your point, but...

its IR Mongoose.

not ironmognoose.

thanks.

irmongoose