Microsoft Table Parody

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ja Di ksw, Jul 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

2. macrumors 6502a

ahahahaha!
    That was great!
    "A big-ass table!"

3. macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I saw that awhile ago... the best part is the narrator... if you don't listen to what he's actually saying, you'd think it was the real vocal track to the promo... just brilliant!

And it pretty much echoes what I thought when I first saw the Surface... "a friggin TABLE?"

4. macrumors 68020

aricher

5. macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I would so love to get a table like that. Who knows how much my productivity will drop :eek:

6. macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Pfft. You have to lean over the stupid thing. No one will be able to work on that for prolonged periods. Back pain anyone? I can see this working as a big touch screen sitting up like a monitor, but not a table.

Anyway, funny clip. It is a big ass table.

7. macrumors 6502

Lunja

8. macrumors G4

dmw007

I know, that was the perfect introduction. :D

Funny video, but I still think that M$ Surface is a cool idea. :)

9. macrumors 6502

This is what I can't stand...The iphone costs $600 and people are going wild over how expensive that is...Microsoft comes out with a table, that doesn't even seem to be that productive, for $10000 and nobody says anything.

If microsoft (god forbid) made the iphone, the windows fanboys would be raving over the new great product, like they are about the surface.

10. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Because Microsoft is selling the Surface to big businesses only. Thus, nobody cares to complain; they're not paying the money.

Nobody'll complain about the price until Microsoft starts selling it to the average joe.

Wow, have you ever read anything about the Surface? It's not designed for productivity. It's more of a demo station for retail stores or restaurants or bars or hotels.

It is, really, a toy. A very cool toy that businesses will use to attract customers.

11. macrumors 68000

iToaster

HA! That made my day... I loved that short little one with the blue screen too. The Msft table... what?!?!? Why do businesses need a big expensive table to show off? And a bar will not get one... just wait until that drink gets spilled...

12. macrumors 603

Um, the table is designed to handle spills. In fact, it's designed with restaurants in mind--cups can contain small chips which the table will recognize. Seems kind of pointless, but there you go.