Microsoft Takes Advantage of Apple & iPods

Discussion in 'Community' started by goodwill, Aug 14, 2005.

1. goodwill macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2004

Look's like Apple got upper-cutted by Microsoft and they took advantage of it. I would have expected more of Apple to have had their bases covered. But maybe I am also just upset that Microsoft is maximizing on the loop hole Apple was not quick enough to fix themselves. Plus, does Microsoft really need that much more money. My disappointment also lies in the fact Microsoft is also getting paid for Apple's biggest seller.
  2. skubish macrumors 68030

Feb 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    This article is a little misleading. In the US, patents are awarded based on who was the first to invent not first to file. The article makes it appeal that Apple missed out because they didn't file in time which is not true. Apple needs to prove they invented the idea first, if in fact they did.
  3. MacRy macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2004
    That would be a sad miscarriage of justice if Microsoft profited from this. Exactly how much money do they want anyway? They have it all pretty much anyway!
  4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    I wouldn't be suprised that if M$ did get away with it, only Apple would be charged
  5. njmac macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004

That's why I don't understand why Microsoft even cares about this market. Why not just be happy with the OS sales and give in to QT and give up on Windows Media Player. Who cares, they could really simplify things for a lot of folks. they don't need the money or the recognition.