Microsoft Visio - Need Mac Alternative

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Jun 14, 2006.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

In case you are not familar with MS Visio... it is a handy tool which lets you create a "Map" conecting Box and information together almost as a diagram.

It is useful for me and what I do... and I would like to know if there is a worth while mention alternative. Right now I use visio on my iMac thru Parrallels and Boot Camp, but I would like a native option... and something more "mac"

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Found ConceptDraw V with a quick search on Google. Have you tried that?

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If you're only using the mapping/diagram functionality, then try using Omnigraffle from the Omnigroup - it comes in regular and Pro (which has Visio opening/saving capabilities) for a reasonable price.

They've got excellent trial versions which are unlocked aside from only being able to be launched for a single day (they keep running longer than that) and a new key can be requested daily.

4. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

I'm using Curio Pro. It's not a bad price and it works very well for what I do. I only ever used the basic features of Visio 2003 though O I can't really tell you how it compares to that.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I've use OmniGraffle quite successfully with a minimum of RTFMing. My kinda software! :)

6. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Omnigraffle is really great. I feel sorry for visio users after working with 'graffle.

7. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Couldn't agree more. Omni rocks the house. Except OmniWeb. ;)