Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
*yawn*

Goes back to working on rock-solid Panther/Tiger...

[Edit]: Oh, here's my favorite part of the article: M$ makes a nightmare OS, complete with more holes than swiss cheese, which it sells for ungodly amounts of money... THEN turns around and offers OneCare for a yearly fee to make more money. I'm sorry, anything M$ puts out to fix its own f-ups needs to be free.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
FoxyKaye said:
*yawn*

Goes back to working on rock-solid Panther/Tiger...

[Edit]: Oh, here's my favorite part of the article: M$ makes a nightmare OS, complete with more holes than swiss cheese, which it sells for ungodly amounts of money... THEN turns around and offers OneCare for a yearly fee to make more money. I'm sorry, anything M$ puts out to fix its own f-ups needs to be free.

Which of course reminds me of the Dilbert in which the engineers are offered a cash bonus per bugfix they do on their own code.... so Dilbert simply begins compiling random keystrokes.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
what a surprise, Microsoft a screamin ninny! :rolleyes:

If I had the time, I would live to find all the different articles and announcements of "CRITICAL FLAW" and make a collage.
Everything is a critical flaw with them.

Everyone needs to abandoned the Critically Flawed ship of S.S. Microsoft and be rescued by The Good Ship Apple.

Microsoft ORIGINALLY had a flaw warning system in place, but the White House stole it! Always orange and yellow never blue or green :p
TerrorColors.jpg

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
mischief said:
Which of course reminds me of the Dilbert in which the engineers are offered a cash bonus per bugfix they do on their own code.... so Dilbert simply begins compiling random keystrokes.
I have the Dilbert book with that strip in it. IIRC, Dilbert asked Ratbert to dance on the keyboard; instead of creating bugs, Ratbert ends up writing a web browser. :p

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Last month, Microsoft announced plans to offer its own anti-virus and security updates for home computers, called Windows OneCare.

Yep. That's why Microsoft is such a pathetic company. They can't get any bigger than they are now, they've got no place to go but down, so they create this utterly ridiculous service in a pathetic attempt to grow some more.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This is getting to be like the many crying wolf too often. The real news of interest would be if Microsoft would announce that they have found and fixed all of the flaws in XP.

KingSleaze

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2004
So. Cal
rockthecasbah said:
Exactly. I bet 3/4 of Windows users don't update any of their software so it will have a lackluster effect...

And because so many of it's users fail to update with the new flawed version, in two months hackers will have created the virii to exploit the current critical flaws.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
i just updated my laptop PC last night. i tell you i feel so scared when im online on this. distgusting piece of software. *cries a little*

Applespider

macrumors G4
rockthecasbah said:
Exactly. I bet 3/4 of Windows users don't update any of their software so it will have a lackluster effect...

I'm going to jump in and play devil's advocate here. MS have started doing monthly security updates rather than lots of little patches to make it easier for people to know there's a patch and the press to report it. Apple do the same thing (tho thankfully they are less critical and get less publicity)

The Windows users on SP2 will get this automatically since it's configured to update automatically - just like our Software Updates go and check. And MS are now setting up a system where you can download patches for other MS products at the same time - hmm, sounds familiar...

This is just the regular monthly security update - it just happens to be critical in more than one version of Windows this month.

ClarkeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
And with a little hack, you can get monthy viruses, etc delivered to your computer! yay

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Counterfit said:
The sky is blue?!?! :eek:

F* that, since when is water wet ??? :eek: :eek:

"Microsoft: Where Do You Want To Go Today? ..... erm, how about software update, there's a few patches and updates you might want to download first, uh..."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.