Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Kinda dorky that i noticed this, but anyone else notice the blatant picture of a powerBook on the front of microsoft's website?

http://www.microsoft.com (upper right hand corner...the grahpic about 'anti-spyware')

heehee!

stoid

macrumors 601
I'm going to have to say that it looks like the TiBook based on two observations. Both are rather unique to the Apple TiBook design.

1) Looks like it has the two smaller hinges connecting screen to base.

2) Apple-esque circular adapter plug.

I guess it makes sense though since after all the best was to defeat spyware is to use a Mac.

Side-by-side comparison:

Attachments

• microsoftTiBook.jpg
    microsoftTiBook.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 136

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
clayjohanson said:
You're SURE that's a Powerbook? I'm not convinced that it is.

Look closely at the base towards the front...you can see the little plastic airport antenna thingy's. Definately a powerbook.

25TiPBside.JPG

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Nope

The hinges the screen attaches to look wrong, it looks like one large one instead of two.

Hard to tell though, nothing definitive here.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
kinda along those lines... does anyone feel compelled to point and gawk when they see a powerbook/ibook on tv or a movie? I know i do and it always pisses my girlfriend off because her dell is never in the movies anymore... lol...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
it probably is - the screen has been photoshopped, so some other things might have been as well to confuse it more.

D

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
h0e0h said:
kinda along those lines... does anyone feel compelled to point and gawk when they see a powerbook/ibook on tv or a movie? I know i do and it always pisses my girlfriend off because her dell is never in the movies anymore... lol...

Every chance I get I make sure my gf and her lil sisters knows that "cute white computer" is a mac.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
My GF is insane when it comes to "Spot the Mac". She even spotted a box in a movie (can't remember which one) where the guy was moving and one of the cardboard boxes had a Apple logo. I mean this box was just a plain brown box, beneath three others and skewed so you could barely see it! :eek:

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
h0e0h said:
Yes, and my friends always make fun of me for it. But OMG they're everywhere!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.