Microsoft Word and Foreign Language Dictionaries

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wes, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I am in French AP in school and I would find it really helpful if Word picked up the numerous silly typos I make. I know I should be paying more attention, but I have 6 exams next week, so cut me some slack please.:)

My word can't seem to grammar check in any language but English, do I have to buy a french copy :confused:?

Thanks.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Just run the "Value Pack" installer (found on the Office CD), and select the preferred languages from "Proofing Tools".

3. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

Thanks! How clever is the French Grammar checker, is it right most of the time?

EDIT: It's pretty good! Good with agreement of past participle and direct object.

It correctly told me that:

Non, nous nous sommes déjà lavés les cheveux.

Should be: Non, nous nous sommes déjà lavé les cheveux.

Because les cheveux is the direct object following the verb, therefore there is no agreement even though it is a reflexive verb.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

No idea to be honest.... My French definitely is not good enough. :rolleyes:

Edit: gr8! Good to know :)

5. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

The ms word grammar check in other languages works as well as it does in english. I have been using it to check my german grammar for class and it has saved me from making many mistakes.