Microsoft Word vs Pages vs VoodooPad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M@lew, Nov 27, 2006.

?

Which is the better program?

1. Microsoft Word

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Pages

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. VoodooPad

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

All 3 of these programs look very nifty for word processing/taking notes etc. but i'm wondering which is best for what or if there is a better program out there all together. Could someone please fill me in on the pro's/con's of them and what they're good for?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Pages and Word are word processing applications, focused mainly on a single document at a time. VoodooPad is a bit different and is more like a note database. All 3 could deal with word processing and note taking, but in my view VoodooPad is the better note taker and Word/Pages are better at WP

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I wish Pages were more Word-compatible - I've run into several .doc files it couldn't even open, surprisingly - but it's a nice app. However I think its target is not quite the same as Word's.

Not quite sure why VoodooPad is in here, while the more widely known (and used) NeoOffice isn't... oh well.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I haven't heard about Voodoopad before, but between Pages and word I would go with pages, I've used both, and Most of the time pages does everything that I want easier than in Word.

6. Quboid macrumors 6502

Not alone. Never heard of it either.

7. Quboid macrumors 6502

pages gave me real hell yesterday. I was trying to draw a business chart and the objects(shapes) are immensly frustrating to work with, they dont stay where i drag them, and the arrows cant be put close enough to the rectagular text box (for business standards). I ended up doing it in keynote and exporting it as a PDF file:eek: . . So as of now i cant say anything good about pages.Whos knows maybe its just me.

8. amfr macrumors member

I always thought that pages was more presenttion oreinted, better for making brochures, ads etc. and that word was more for writing text documents.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

word just for the fact that it has a ton of features and yea pretty much the whole world uses it...

10. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

For something like this Omnigraffle is beyond helpful. If you make charts like this on a regular basis, it's well worth the money.

11. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

You guys can't be serious. Pages is virtually unusable. Microsoft doesn't get much right, but there isn't anything better than Office for true work (with the exception of Keynote as a sub for Powerpoint).

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

While I liked the Pages trial, I'm going to have to vote for Word based on compatibility and price. Company discount wins again!

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well if you say so.

:rolleyes: