Microsoft working on App Store-like app distribution

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 9, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68020

Good job Microsoft. Keep "innovating".

3. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

They need to do this to stay relevent... I'd expect to see a similar announcement for the Mac at Macworld.

4. macrumors 601

DMann

Always chasing..... This might just be the elixir for putting the Zune on the map.

5. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

Yup, always chasing :apple:.

Ballmer really needs to retire if MS ever wants to innovate. I mean, come on -- "Town Square?" I guess that fits right in with "Come to the Social." Maybe MS is seeing an untapped market among seniors and square dancers?

6. macrumors 6502a

That just makes me think of eWorld. You know, from 12 years ago.

7. macrumors 6502a

chagla

what nonsense.

ipods weren't the first mp3 players. so following your logic, ipods were copying older mp3 players? but no. apple can't be copying. everybody copies apple right?

your "everybody copying apple" phenomenon reminds of the Bush/Ladeen joke...Bush was informed of his baby being born and without a thought he yells, "it must be laden.. he must be behind it". ;)

8. macrumors 65816

Rojo

No. Apple doesn't always need to be the first. They just become the best.

Even when Apple comes out with something that's already out there, they are able to make it innovative with their software and/or design.
    The iPod was completely unlike any other mp3 players at that time, with it's seamless integration with iTunes. Other players were a pain in the butt to use, and Apple made it so simple and easy -- THAT is why iPod grew to the leader it is today...

The iPhone wasn't the first smartphone, but it's the BEST phone out there -- and other companies are striving to compete with Apple's innovations...