Microsofts Anit-Spyware program removes Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sonyrules, Jan 19, 2005.

1. agm2001 macrumors newbie

The best part was the guy who couldn't access the Internet because there were no "little blue e's", lmfao. Apparently Microsoft finally did something right: they removed Internet Exploder. Too bad some people still don't know about the superior alternatives like Mozilla, Firefox, MacOS X's Safari.

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

This looks like a joke to me. I rally don't think I M$ spokesperson would say the things attributed to him in the article. It is funny though.

3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

ok, for anyone who does not already know, that is a satire site. usually with pretty good content. definitely funny; definitely how things ought to be; definitely made up.

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Gotta be a spoof. Now, if it could remove BOTH IE and AOL, we'd be getting somewhere ;)
    X

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Mozilla and Firefox are the same browser. :)

7. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I am constantly amazed at how satire is completely lost upon 39% of MacRumors readers.

:D

8. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Except Firefox looks more like Safari & Mozilla is like Netscape.

---

BTW, I challenge you to look at my store without being tempted to buy something. My link is below. Random Earphones ($10+): Only $7.99

9. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Thank God! They finally found a way to remove that piece of infested rotten garbage from the OS!"

Then I realized it's all a joke. And a joke it is.

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I liked weatherbees reponse. that gave it away to me... although rather funny. :D

11. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

heheh, awesome, have to send that to some friends @ work. :p

12. sebisworld macrumors 6502

Check out the related articles, though - they are a lot funnier. And if you also check out the latest mailbox you can see an email that someone I know very well wrote.

13. edwin.bossier macrumors newbie

It's a joke

For those who still not understand it:

It is a JOKE, meaning it is NOT TRUE meaning laugh with it, but don't belief it.

Still not clear?

The anti-spyware beta release does NOT remove Internet Explorer.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well if that didn't do it, this link, on the same page, would: Microsoft Announces Ads for Blue Screen of Death

:p

15. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

no they aren't. they're the same people that make them.

mozilla is the basis for netscape. it's like a browser, email, news client etc suite.

firefox (and camino) are other browsers, using smaller, faster rendering engines than their big brother. just because they say mozilla on them doesn't make them the same :p

i can't stand mozilla, but i quite like both camino and firefox (well firefox on linux anyway, safari's best on the mac)...

;)

16. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

um dude you are wrong. the lastest verson of Moz and firefox use the exact same engine for the web.

Diffenct si Mozi is a suit of stuff (email, web and a enitire list of things) if you where using for just a web browser it very bloated. firefox is basicly the web brosweiring part of Moz suit wiht some other stuff but the enginee is exactly the same. My firefox web broswer is dected at Mozilla 1.7 but it is firefox. I have seen moz 1.7 dectect as firefox since they are the same enginee the geko enginee to be exact

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I like the other story on the same site announcing that M$ is beginning to sell advertising space on the Blue Screen of Death.

18. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes, and Thunderbird is intended as an alternative to Mozilla's email component. Mozilla, Firefox, and Camino (as well as any other browsers the Mozilla foundation makes that I'm not aware of) are all based on a modified version of the rendering engine that originally powered Netscape - Gecko. My guess as to why Mozilla and Firefox are sometimes detected as each other is due to subtle differences in their user agent strings and differing methods used to detect browsers.

19. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Yeah, get a beer while rebooting... :p

20. Spaceman Spiff macrumors regular

Both articles sound perfectly reasonable. After all, this is Microsoft we're talking about here. :p Personally, I think Apple should buy the space on the blue screen of death.
    "Tired of seeing this screen? Switch to Mac! The new Mac Mini starts at just $499!"